CBM Codrington, Only 12 spots available
OSSGA Office, Mississauga, ON
OSSGA Office, Mississauga
Casino Rama Resort, Orillia
Welcome to the OSSGA Job Bank/Classifieds Section. All OSSGA member companies and their volunteers are invited to post opportunities in the stone, sand and gravel industry, or openings with Associate member companies.
Detailed job openings/classifieds are posted for 45-days, or until the expiry date has passed. Members can access the website, 24/7, to review opportunities.
For more information, contact Richard Hillier, Manager, Communications, at (905) 507-0711 ext. 206.
POLICY ADVISOR, RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
What can I expect to do in this role?• provide policy advice on how the province regulates and manages renewable energy development (with emphasis on Crown land), pits and quarries, and oil, gas and salt resources,
• provide evidence-based policy research and analysis, and support project management,
• support consultation and engagement with the public and stakeholders for input to policy and program development, and
• work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment with other policy professionals.
How do I qualify?
Policy and program development expertise:• You have demonstrated experience applying policy and program development expertise, principles and techniques as well as program design and evaluation techniques.
Research, analytical, and investigative skills:• You have proven ability to determine appropriate data and information sources and apply survey techniques.
• You have experience analyzing and summarizing quantitative and qualitative research, environmental scans and analyzing trends from multijurisdictional sources.
Interpersonal skills:• You have relationship management and consultation skills to encourage consensus among internal and external stakeholders.
• You have proven consultation and persuasion skills to engage and seek advice from within the government, industry, stakeholders, and indigenous organizations.
Communication skills:• You have proven ability to write technical reports, briefing materials, presentations and respond to a range of correspondence.
• You have the ability to communicate effectively to provide constructive input at meetings, conduct briefings, exchange information and describe technical and specialized information so as to be easily understood by a variety of audiences.
Project management skills:• You have experience applying project management methodologies, techniques to lead or participate on branch/division/ministry/government projects.
Computer skills:• You have knowledge of and experience with computers and software applications for word processing, presentations, spreadsheets, e-mail, data base management and internet.
- 2 Permanent, 300 Water St, Peterborough, East Region
How to apply:
- You must apply online by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers. You must enter the job id number in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
- If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d'emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
For more information click here.