The Health and Safety Committee: Vision Statement
MOL Health and Safety Awareness Products
The Ministry of Labour offers various Health & Safety related publications on their website. They can be accessed here: https://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/hs/pubs/index.php.
Prevention Office Update
Click here to read from George Gritziotis, Ontario's Chief Prevention Officer.
Amendments to Regulation 854
- Updating training requirements to reflect changes in the training programs and clarifying the time limits for completing training;
- Introducing occupational noise limits consistent with those found in other regulations under the OHSA;
- Updating diesel exhaust exposure limits to protect underground miners from exposure to carbon monoxide;
- Updating air volume requirements to protect underground miners from exposure to diesel particulate matter;
- Strengthening hoisting requirements; o Improving worker safety in shaft sinking work; and
- Modernizing provisions to reflect the current administration of the mine rescue program.
Safe Haulage Guidelines
The guidelines are intended to provide guidance to site staff and drivers with regard to the safety practices surrounding loading and hauling at OSSGA member sites. The document can be used in conjunction with your company-specific health and safety policies, or as an additional guideline you can provide to haulers. Click here for the Aggregate Hauling Safety Best Practices.
Ministry of Labour Health & Safety Tools
New Interactive Web Tools
MOL has Health and Safety Tools to help educate employers and employees on preventing slips, trips and falls at the workplace.
Safe at Work Ontario
Safe At Work Ontario is the Ministry of Labour’s (MOL’s) compliance strategy to improve health and safety for workers. You can access blitz schedules, reports, and publications here.
Partners in Prevention - Health & Safety Conference & Trade Show
Partners in Prevention is a health and safety conference and trade show for all Ontario workplaces. Attendees can access the collective expertise of the Ontario Prevention System through: interactive sessions, workshops, professional development courses and keynote speakers. One-stop shopping for best practices, compliance advice and business solutions including take-away tools, post conference follow-up and a trade show with various exhibitors.
For more information, visit: https://app.wsps.ca/pip/pip_home.php.